Round House at Rocklin 38°47'28.02"N, 121°14'15.06"W
Shearer p. 257 “Rocklin is 112 miles from San Francisco, a day and night telegraph station, with 249 feet of elevation, and is the point at which east-bound trains take an extra locomotive to ascend the mountain. The roundhouse of the railroad company, with 28 stalls, situated here is a most substantial structure, made from the granite quarries near the station.”
The wall on the left of the Crossroads Church are the remains of the original foundation of the Round House. The main area of the yard has reverted to an empty lot. The Round House was in continuous service until 1905 when Central Pacific management abandoned it in favor a new and larger station in nearby Roseville. The Round House was demolished in 1912.
Remnants of the old roundhouse foundation and wall can still be seen in the modern photograph.