Stanford Polo Club gladly accepts monetary donations, horse donations, and donations of equipment. All donations to Stanford Polo Club are fully tax deductible. Stanford’s federal tax ID number is 94-1156365.
The Stanford Polo Club is fully student-run, and our coaches generously volunteer their time. We are responsible for exercising and caring for our horses, treating minor injuries and fixing thrown shoes, and cleaning our equipment to make sure that we create a safe playing environment for our horses and students. Maintaining our string is one of our top priorities, and keeping our horses fed, shod, and healthy consumes the bulk of our annual budget.
If you are interested in making a donation to the team, please consult our wish list below, or email the club at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donors of $1000 or more are given the opportunity to name the next horse to join our string!
Make A Gift Online
- Go to giving.stanford.edu
- Click on “Make A Gift Now” in the top menu bar
- In the drop down menu for “Direct Your Gift” select “Stanford Athletics”
- For “Further Designation” select “Other” and then specify “Stanford Polo Club”
- Complete personal and credit card information and finalize the online gift process
Please send an email to email@example.com to let us know about your donation. Don’t be bashful – we love to hear from you! Stanford keeps excellent records of donations, but they can take time to process, and we want to thank you promptly!
Make A Gift by Mail
- If paying by check, please make check payable to “Stanford Polo Club” (cash also accepted)
- Mail to:
Stanford Polo Club
Stanford Athletics – Club Sports
641 E. Campus Drive
Stanford, CA 94305-6150
Sponsorships: The following items are events and games that our team would love to be able to participate in. Any amount donated toward any of the below items will help us a lot. You will receive a framed photo of the horse or event you are sponsoring as well as email updates from the team members!
- Sponsor a Stanford polo pony! (See our Ponies page for descriptions.)
- Season – $600
- Year – $2,400
- Sponsor the Women’s team or the Men’s team to travel to a tournament.
- California – $500-$1,000
- Out-of-state – $1,000-$2,000
- 2-3 trained polo ponies (under 16 years old, sound and sensible). See below for more information
- 2 polo saddles, preferably with stirrups and irons (~$650 each)
- 2 polo bridles, preferably with gag or pelham bits (~$250 each)
- 2 polo over-girths (~$35 each)
- 3 pairs knee pads (~$120 each)
- 3 pairs polo spurs (~$60 each)
- Please email Aaron Furer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilities Improvement Projects (Contact us if you’re interested in donating supplies or helping out!)
- Electricity for our tack room at Webb
- Construct roofed area at Webb for horse tack-up
- Repair and replace fencing for our pasture
If you are interested in donating a horse, please contact Head Horse Manager Eric Birdsall at email@example.com