Auditions for the 2014-2015 Season are now closed! If you would like to be notified when audition sign-ups are open, click here.
Auditions for the Stanford Symphony Orchestra and the Stanford Philharmonia Orchestra are open to all members of the Stanford community (i.e., students, faculty and staff). Although Stanford students are given priority, we also welcome musicians from the local and non-Stanford community.
There is no fee for audition. Upon joining, a participation fee of $80 may apply per quarter for local and non Stanford community members. The fee will help offset some of the program expenses (i.e., facility rental, technical services, and honoraria for guest artists).
Auditions will take place in Braun Music Center, room 121 (except for harp and percussion players, auditions will be held in Bing Concert Hall in the harp and percussion rooms). Please refer to the schedule below for audition dates:
- Incoming freshmen (Stanford Class of 2018) – welcome to The Farm! Auditions will take place on Thursday and Friday, September 18 and 19, at the end of NSO.
- Prospective new members (upperclassmen, graduate students, community members, etc.) – auditions for prospective new members who are not incoming freshmen will take place on Saturday, September 20.
- Returning members - welcome back! Re-auditions are required for all members, and will take place on Monday and Tuesday, September 22 and 23.
- Harp and Percussion players – auditions will be held on evening of Tuesday, September 23.
- Make-up auditions – Saturday, September 27
Please note that SSO rehearsal begins Thursday, September 25th, and that the annual orchestra retreat will take place October 4-5. SPO rehearsal begins on September 30th. Also be sure to check out our new season highlights!
If you have any questions regarding audition scheduling (or if you would like to audition but can’t make any of the slots), please email Linh Tran, the orchestral studies administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Musical questions regarding the audition can be directed to our music director, Maestro Jindong Cai at email@example.com. Finally, general inquiries can always be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you soon!