Batch mode searches
Sometimes a sample search report will indicate that a search query will only go to completion as a Batch job which has higher system thresholds than queries run online.
If this situation occurs, use the following steps:
- Enter Batch
- Name the job of your Batch query, ending with the suffix /b (e.g. alkaloid/b). Search will be run overnight during early morning hours.
- The next night, enter the Registry File and Display Saved Searches. (e.g. fil reg; d saved)
- Your batch search job should be listed with the letter A at the end of it. The A stands for “answer.” You must activate your saved search in order to use it (e.g. activate alkaloid/a).
- After activating a search, you now have an L# you can use to display results, search in the CA File, etc.
- Please delete saved files as storage charges are metered on the first day of every month for saved files.