- Select the cell in which you want the pop-up text to display.
- Click the Data tab.
- In Data Tools, click Data Validation, and then click Data Validation.
- In the Input message tab, check Show input message when cell is selected.
- In Title, enter a title for the pop-up window.
- In Input Message, enter the text you want to appear in the pop-up window.
- Click OK.
- Now when the cell is selected, the pop-up appears:
In Excel, you can have a pop-up appear when someone selects a particular cell. This pop-up can provide information to the person entering data — e.g., instructions on how to enter the data.
To create a pop-up in Excel: