Need to update your WordPress site but only have access to your phone or tablet? No problem! (Assuming you’ve configured your WordPress site to allow you to update via a mobile device, that is.)
Option A: Use the web browser
- One option is to use the device’s browser and point it to your wp-admin login.
- Note: this is the same method you’d use to update your site using a desktop/laptop computer. (e.g., http://www.stanford.edu/group/widgets/cgi-bin/wordpress/wp-admin)
Option B: Use the WordPress app
- Download and install the WordPress app. (Available in the App Store and Google Play).
- Configure your WordPress site to allow remote publishing via the XML-RPC method:
- Using a web browser, log into your WordPress site as an administrator.
- In the Dashboard, click Settings.
- In Settings, click Writing.
- In Writing, in Remote Publishing, check the XML-RPC box.
- In the WordPress app, log into your site. You can now update your posts, pages, and other content using the app!