Tired of the same-old PowerPoint templates that Microsoft offers? You can create your own, and then apply that new template to future presentations. Today’s tip will show you how to apply a new theme/design to your presentation.
- First, create (or find) a PowerPoint slide deck that looks the way you want all future slide decks to look.
- Next, create (or open, if it already exists) the PowerPoint slide deck you wish to change.
- If you are using PowerPoint 2003, on the Format menu, click Slide Design.
If you are using PowerPoint 2007/2010, on the Ribbon, click Design.
- If you are using PowerPoint 2003, click the Browse button at the bottom of the task pane.
If you are using PowerPoint 2007/2010, click the More button found in the lower-right corner of the default designs, and then click Browse for Themes.
- Locate the PowerPoint file you wish to use as the template.
- Click Apply.
Your new theme/design template is now applied to your presentation.