Need to remove something from your photograph and make it look like it never was there in the first place? Photoshop CS4 and CS5′s Content Aware Fill is just what you need!
- In Photoshop, open the image.
- Using one of the selection tools, select the part of the image you wish to remove. In this example, we’ll remove the legs of the players in the upper part of the image.
- On your keyboard, press the Delete key (or, on the Edit menu, choose Fill). The Fill window appears.
- In the Contents section, in the field Use, select Content-Aware.
- In the Blending section, in the field Mode, select Normal and Opacity 100%.
- Click OK.
The unwanted portion of your photo will no longer appear – Photoshop analyzes the contents of the photo and attempts to figure out what the photo would have looked like if they had never been there.
In this example, note, however, that the shadows of the unwanted players still exist – repeat the same steps to eliminate the shadows.
- Want to learn more great Photoshop tips? Come take our class Photoshop 101 on April 11, or Photoshop Level 1 on May 16!