If you use Adobe Acrobat Pro to create forms, did you know that you can use QR codes to gather, collect and and capture the data from the people who fill out the form?
- Create your form in MS Word or some other editor and convert to PDF.
- Open your PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Use the tool Run Form Field Recognition to create form fields.
- Add a QR Code Barcode to your form (Form Tools>Barcode Tool>Options>Symbology>QR Code).
- Add a Print button to your form (Form Tools>Button Tool>Actions>Select Action>Execute a menu item>Add>File Print>OK>).
- Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Reader (Advanced>Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Reader or File > Save As > Reader Extended). Save the PDF.
- Publish the PDF (send via email to your clients, upload to the website, etc.). Have your clients enter the data, print the form, and send it back to you.
- Using a scanner, iPhone, Android, or other device, scan the QR code barcode. A few weeks ago, we highlighted some of the QR Code readers on the market. You can now analyze the data!