On February 3, 2012, the Stanford email and calendar servers are upgrading to provide added functionality and improved performance.
This major upgrade includes a number of changes and new features, including:
- Send email later: You can delay sending a message by setting a delivery date and time for the message. Click on the triangle next to the Send button to access this option.
- Undo option: An Undo option appears in the banner immediately after deleting or moving messages, contacts, or tasks. This lets you undo the previous action.
- Preview the Calendar in an email invitation: Calendar invitations now include a snippet from your calendar. You can see how a new meeting request fits into your schedule for the day without switching to the Calendar application.
- Streamlined New Appointment screen: The tabs for Schedule, Location, and Resources have been replaced by a single interface that will load the availability information of attendees as they are added. Hovering over the availability will show you the details of any meetings, provided you have permission to see it.
- Restore previously deleted items: You can self-restore messages, contacts, appointments and tasks that have been deleted from your Trash folder. Just right click on the Trash and choose “Recover Deleted Items.”
- People Search field: You can quickly search StanfordWho by entering a name or address in the People Search field. The search auto-completes as you type.
For information about these changes and many others, see the “What’s New and Different” web page:
If you have any questions or if you experience any problems, please submit a HelpSU request: http://helpsu.stanford.edu/?pcat=zimbramail