University Communications has recently created the Cardinal WordPress theme, which enables eligible Stanford departments and administrative units to present their WordPress sites with a look and feel consistent with Stanford’s home page. This tech briefing introduces the new theme and covers the best practices for deploying it on your WordPress site.
- The Cardinal theme’s look and feel
- Installing the Cardinal WordPress theme
- Customizing your site’s navigation
- Customizing layouts
- Customizing sidebar / footer contents
- Configuring your home page
- Displaying featured images
- Displaying author information
- Custom shortcodes
- Getting help with the theme
If your department or administrative unit has a WordPress site, or if you’re considering creating one, please come learn what the new Cardinal theme can do for your site.
JB Christy is a Senior Web Developer in University Communications. She has been a software engineer for more than 30 years and has been developing commercial web sites since 2007. Since coming to Stanford in 2013, JB has helped launch Stanford’s new home page (December 2013) and has worked on several special projects for Stanford News and Stanford Arts. JB has been working with WordPress since 2011 and is the developer of Stanford’s new Cardinal WordPress theme.