Professionals explain ideas every day, but rarely consider what it takes to become a better explainer. Lee LeFever, the Founder of Common Craft, helps you take a fresh look at what makes explanations work (or not), and how to solve explanation problems. Learn the battle-tested strategies for packaging ideas into explanations that help people understand and care about your ideas.
Topics covered in this briefing include:
- What does it mean to explain an idea?
- What is the Curse of Knowledge and what is the remedy?
- Why is explanation so difficult?
- What are explanation problems and how do you solve them?
- The Explanation Scale
- The Stepping Stones of effective explanations
- Finding the right language for your audience
- How to integrate better explanation into your professional and personal life
Lee LeFever is the Founder of Common Craft and author of The Art of Explanation. Common Craft has won numerous awards, created explanations for the world’s most respected brands and earned over 50 million online video views.
For more information, visit http://www.commoncraft.com.