From Undergraduate Engineering Handbook
Handbook for Undergraduate Engineering Programs
- New TiS offering for Wtr 2013 only: The Public Life of Science & Technology, 5 units. See Approved Courses page at * for details.
- Connect directly to the most recent 2012-13 versions of the Engineering Major Programs descriptions from this new page -- use link to majors at 1.3 in ToC
- Printed copies of the 2012-13 Handbook can be picked up in 135 Huang (online versions on Handbook page)
- Download a current program sheet from the Program Sheets page
- Minor program sheets for the nine minor programs offered in the SoE are now here! See Navigation Bar
- SoE Honors programs now have their own page!
- Find links to math, science, fundamentals, and Technology in Society courses allowed for 2012-13 on Approved Courses page
This site contains the handbooks, program sheets, petitions, Opportunities for Students*, links to School of Engineering majors/departments, and lists of approved courses for the Undergraduate Engineering Programs at Stanford University. The handbooks are the definitive source for undergraduate engineering requirements at Stanford. Students may graduate using the requirements listed in any one Handbook that is published while they are undergraduates. Since requirements often change from year to year, it is important for you to reference the Handbook that you intend to follow (see Handbooks in Navigation panel). The Handbooks are available in pdf format on the Handbooks page.
In additional to curricular requirements, handbooks contain information about procedures for declaring an engineering major, transferring engineering coursework from another school, petitioning for waivers and substitutions for requirements (see Petitions in Navigation panel), and for navigating the administrative processes to graduate. They also describes important opportunities* and programs for engineering students, such as for overseas studies, summer research fellowships, diversity programs, and career placement services.
We hope that you will find the handbooks informative and useful, and we are interested in any suggestions you may have for improvements. If you have any questions about engineering degree requirements or about any of the information in the handbooks, please don't hesitate to contact your advisor or come see us in the School of Engineering's Office Student Affairs, 135 Huang. You are always welcome in the Office of Student Affairs.
Office of Student Affairs, 135 Huang Engineering Center
tel (650) 723-5984
fax (650) 723-5599
*Check out the Opportunities for Students page (see Navigation sidebar to left) for postings about summer research, events, scholarships, internships, funding for activities, new courses of interest to engineers, exploring engineering, etc. And send an email to Darlene at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have content you would like to add to the page.
The Office of Student Affairs now has a Facebook page!. Find and like!
Science & Engineering Quad Now Part of Stanford Walking Tour
Go to Stanford SEQ Tour to learn more and reserve space in this tour that covers the Main Quad, the Science & Engineering Quad, and other campus areas.
© Stanford University School of Engineering