RequirementsSpliceMap aims to fully integrate into a variety of analysis pipelines. If any of the following requirements conflict with your lab's set up, please contact us.
- Linux or Mac OSX operating system
- 16GB RAM recommended (8GB minimum for human genome)
- 30GB free hard drive space (Less is probably ok, but just to be safe)
- Paired or non-paired reads supported
- Read length greater or equal to 50bp
- There is no requirement that reads must be the same length. However, you should not mix paired and single-end reads
- Input to SpliceMap are sequencer reads in RAW, FASTQ or FASTA format.
- Short read mappers supported:
- Bowtie (preferred)