Stanford senior Jossy Tseng played for the USA Eagles Developmental Squad in this year’s Can-Am Tournament, which was hosted in Minnesota last week. The tournament consisted of two matches against Canada, and was an opportunity for talented younger players to gain international experience in preparation for further representational play. Tseng started the second match against Canada at flyhalf, earning her first Eagles cap.
For more information, check out USA Rugby’s press releases:
It’s almost fall quarter, and we’re all gearing up for another amazing season. One of the ways we keep Stanford Women’s Rugby great is by welcoming in new players each year. So if you’re a Stanford student, come out and see what the team is about! It doesn’t matter if you’re big, small, a freshman, a senior, or if you even know what rugby is. We accept everyone, and we’re always looking for new players. Check out our recruitment page, or just drop by one of our events at the beginning of the quarter (dates and times TBA soon):
- Catch us at the activities fair in White Plaza on Friday, September 28, from noon to 4pm.
- Come to our barbeque in the afternoon on Wednesday, October 3, at 5:30pm at the rugby stadium (free food!)
- Come to the first practice on Tuesday, October 9, from 4-6pm at the rugby stadium.
- Look out for our flyers in your dorm and around campus.
- Email our recruitment chairs, Jossy and Watkins, or our rookie moms, Lindsey and Jess. They can help with any questions you have, or get you signed up for the rookie email list!