Data Resources and Software Consulting
- Backup and Recovery
- IT Services provides data backup and recovery services for desktop machines. Your local IT support staff or an IT Services consultant (for a fee) will install and configure the client software on your computer. Once configured, the software will automatically back up your system at a specified time each workday. If you accidentally overwrite or delete a file, you can recover it yourself using the client software. File recovery is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Bioinformatics Resource
- The Bioinformatics Resource provides computer resources for biomedical research at Stanford. Groups that sign up for a yearly membership are provided access to a wide variety of hardware and software.
- Databases and Articles
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) at Branner Library
- Branner Earth Sciences Library and Map Collections, located on the second floor of the Mitchell Building, provides access for current faculty, students, and staff to geospatial data, digital map services, and geographic information systems (GIS). In addition, the library provides ongoing GIS reference and research consultation.
- Social Science Data and Software (SSDS)
- Data specialists provide services and support for finding and getting data in electronic format for social science research. SSDS resources include ICPSR: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research, Roper Center for for Public Opinion Research, Data Extraction Web Interface (DEWI), and data on CD-ROM.
Last modified Thursday, 14-Sep-2006 05:06:12 PM