- Center for Teaching and Learning: Resources for Faculty
- Center for Teaching and Learning: Resources for TAs
- Online Training for Stanford
- lynda.com ($300/yr, reimbursed through STAP funds) — High quality training with over 640 software and design topics, with a library of over 40,000 video tutorials. Topics include Adobe CS4, Acrobat 9, Office 2007, Drupal, Perl, PHP and more, presented in a self-paced video format.
- Books 24x7 / Safari Tech Books (free) — Offered through Stanford University Libraries (SULAIR) at no cost, there are more than 14,000 books on computing and information tehnology from nearly 150 publishers. These publishers include O'Reilly (1,200 titles), Addison-Wesley Professional, Microsoft Press, Peachpit Press, Prentice Hall, Que, Wiley, and more.
- Technology Training Web Site
- The IT Services Technology Training web site provides information about and registration instructions for the hands-on IT training classes offered on campus in their facilities.
- Tech Briefings
- Tech Briefings are informal, interactive seminars on computer-related topics of interest to the Stanford community. These sessions are intended for power users and those with IT responsibilities, but are open to everyone: faculty, staff, and students. No registration is required.
- Training By Appointment
- Available to the entire Stanford community, the TBA program matches you with an expert instructor for a one-on-one tutorial. You choose your own learning objectives for the 90-minute training appointment, which can be in your office or ours. Use your own documents, spreadsheets, presentations, databases, or web pages to learn how to troubleshoot them. Fees are based on 90-minute sessions and can be covered by STAP, department, or Hospital Tuition Assistance funds.
Also of Interest
- Axess for Faculty
- Continuing Studies
- Library Instruction, Workshops, and Tours
Last modified Tuesday, 19-Sep-2006 12:09:24 PM