- Boehm AB, Wang D, Ercumen A, Shea M, Harris AR, Shanks OC, Kelty C, Ahmed A, Hayat ZM, Arnold B, Chare C, Pullman C, Colford JM, Luby S, & A.J. Pickering 2016. Occurrence of Host-Associated Fecal Markers on Child Hands, Household Soil, and Drinking Water in Rural Bangladeshi Households. Environ Sci Technol Lett.
- Whinnery J, Penakalapati G, Steinacher R, Wilson N, Null C, & A.J. Pickering. 2016. Povu Poa “Cool Foam”: Water Efficient Handwashing with Low-Cost Foaming Soap in Kenya. Global Health: Science and Practice.
- Steinbaum L, Njenga S, Kihara J, Boehm AB, Davis J, Null C, & A.J. Pickering. 2016. Soil-Transmitted Helminth Eggs are Present in Soil at Multiple Locations within Households in Rural Kenya. PLOS ONE.
- Wolfe M, Dentz H, Achando B, Mureithi M, Wolfe T, Null C, & A.J. Pickering. 2016. Adapting and evaluating a rapid, low-cost method to enumerate flies in the household setting. American Journal of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene.
- Kwong L, Ercumen A, Pickering AJ, Unicomb L, Davis J, & Luby SP. .2016. Hand and Object Mouthing of Rural Bangladeshi Children 3-18 Months Old. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health.
- Harris A, Pickering AJ, Harris M, Doza S, Unicomb L, Islam MA, Luby SP, Davis J, Boehm AB. (2016) Ruminants contribute fecal contamination to the household environment in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Environmental Science & Technology.
- Amin N, Luby SP, Crider YC, Das S, Unicomb L, Das, Davis J, A.J. Pickering. 2016. Piloting automated batch chlorinator systems at shared water points in an urban community of Dhaka. Journal of Water, Sanitation, Hygiene, and Development
- A.J. Pickering, H. Djebbari, C. Lopez, M. Coulibaly, M.A. Alzua. 2015. Effect of a community-led sanitation intervention on child diarrhea and child growth in rural Mali: a cluster randomised controlled trial. The Lancet Global Health
- T.R. Julian and A.J. Pickering, 2015. A pilot study on integrating videography and environmental microbial sampling to model fecal bacterial exposures in peri-urban Tanzania. PLOS ONE.
- A.J. Pickering, Y. Crider, N. Amin, V. Bauza, L. Unicomb, J. Davis, S.P. Luby. 2015. Differences in Field Effectiveness and Adoption between a Novel Automated Chlorination System and Household Manual Chlorination of Drinking Water in Dhaka, Bangladesh: A Randomized Controlled Trial. PLOS ONE. Link
- T.R. Julian, MA. Islam, A.J. Pickering, S. Roy, ER Fuhrmeister, A. Ercumen, A. Harris, J. Bishai, K. Schwab. 2015. Genotypic and Phenotypic Characterization of Escherichia coli Isolates from Feces, Hands, and Soils in Rural Bangladesh via the Colilert Quanti-Tray System AEM.
- G. Christensen, HN. Dentz, A.J. Pickering, T. Bourdier, BF Arnold, JM Colford, C. Null. 2015. Pilot cluster randomized controlled trials to evaluate adoption of water, sanitation, and hygiene interventions and their combination in rural western Kenya. AJTMH.
- A.J. Pickering, A.G. Blum, R.F. Breiman, P.K. Ram, J. Davis. 2014. ďVideo surveillance captures student hand hygiene behavior, reactivity to observation, and peer influence in Kenyan primary schoolsĒ PLOS ONE. Link
- N. Amin, A.J. Pickering, P.K. Ram, L. Unicomb, N.Najnin, N. Homaira, S. Ashraf, J. Abedin, M.S. Islam, S.P Luby. 2014. ďMicrobiological Evaluation of the Efficacy of Soapy Water to Clean Hands: A Randomized, Non-inferiority Field TrialĒ Tropical Medicine and International Health.
- M.C. Mattioli, A.B. Boehm, J. Davis, M. Mrisho, A. Harris, A.J. Pickering. 2014. ďEnteric pathogens in stored drinking water and on caregiver's hands in Tanzanian households with and without reported cases of child diarrheaĒ PLOS ONE. Link
- D. Hospodsky, A.J. Pickering, T.R. Julian, D. Miller, S. Gorthala, A.B. Boehm, J. Peccia. 2014. ďHand bacterial communities vary across two different human populationsĒ Microbiology.
- B. Arnold, C. Null, S.P. Luby, C. Stewart, K. Dewey, T. Ahmed, S. Ashraf, G. Christensen, T. Clasen, H. Dentz, L. Fernald, R. Haque, A. Hubbard, P. Kariger, E. Leontsini, A. Lin, S. Njenga, A.J. Pickering, P.K. Ram, F. Tofail, P. Winch. 2013. "Cluster-randomized controlled trials of individual and combined water, sanitation, hygiene, and nutritional interventions in rural Bangladesh and Kenya: The WASH Benefits Study design and rationale" BMJ open.
- A.J. Pickering, J. Davis, A. Blum., J. Scalmanini, B. Oyier, G. Okoth, R.F. Breiman, P.K. Ram. ďAccess to waterless hand sanitizer improves student hand hygiene behavior among primary schools in Nairobi, KenyaĒ American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 2013
- M. Mattioli, A.J. Pickering, R. Gilsdorf, J. Davis, A. Boehm. 2013. ďHands and water as vectors of enteric pathogens in Bangamoyo, TanzaniaĒ Environmental Science and Technology. Link
- T.R. Julian, A.J. Pickering, J. Leckie, A.B. Boehm. 2013. Enterococcus spp. on fomites and hands indicate risk of respiratory illness in child care centers. American Journal of Infection Control. Link
- A.J. Pickering, T.R. Julian (co-first author), S.J. Marks, M. Mattioli, A.B. Boehm, K. Schwab, J. Davis. 2012. Fecal contamination and diarrheal pathogens on surfaces and in soils among Tanzanian households with and without improved sanitation. Environmental Science and Technology. Link
- A.J. Pickering, J. Davis. 2012. Freshwater availability and water fetching distance affect child health in Sub-Saharan Africa. Environmental Science and Technology. Link
- A.J. Pickering, J. Davis, A. B. Boehm. 2011. Efficacy of
alcohol-based hand sanitizer on hands soiled with dirt and cooking oil. Journal of Water and Health. Link
- N. Badowski, C. Castro, M. Montgomery, A. J. Pickering, S. Mamuya, J. Davis. 2011. Understanding Household Behavioral Risk Factors for Diarrheal Disease in Dar es Salaam: A Photovoice Community Assessment. Journal of Environmental and Public Health.
- A.J. Pickering, T. R. Julian, S. Mamuya, A. B. Boehm,
J. Davis. 2011. Hand fecal contamination among Tanzanian mothers varies
temporally and following household activities. Tropical
Medicine and International Health. Link
- J. Davis, A.J. Pickering, K. Rogers, S. Mamuya, and
A. B. Boehm. 2011. The effects of informational interventions on
household water management, hygiene behaviors, stored drinking water
quality, and hand contamination in peri-urban Tanzania. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene.
- A.J. Pickering, J. Davis, S. P. Walters, H. M. Horak, D. P. Keymer,
D. Mushi, R. Strickfaden, J. S. Chynoweth, J. Liu, A. Blum, K. Rogers,
A. B. Boehm. 2010. Hands, water, and health: fecal contamination in
Tanzanian communities with improved, non-networked water
supplies. Environmental Science & Technology, 44,3267-3272. Link
- A.J. Pickering, A. B. Boehm, Mathew Mwanjali,
J. Davis. 2010. Efficacy of waterless hand hygiene as compared to
handwashing with soap: A field study in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. American
Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 82, 270-278. Link