To enroll in a seminar within the SCPKU Graduate Seminar Program, please complete this application form and hit the "Submit Form" button at the bottom of the form. Note that incomplete applications CANNOT be saved and completed at a later time.
* indicates required fields.
Prior to completing this form, you should:
1) Thoroughly review the SCPKU Graduate Seminar Program Participation Commitment and Assumption of Risk, Release of Claims, Indemnification and Hold Harmless Agreement (“SCPKU Graduate Seminar Student Agreement”) at https://scpku.fsi.stanford.edu/docs/scpku-graduate-seminar-program-participation-commitment-and-assumption-risk-release-claims. Students must acknowledge understanding and compliance with the terms of this agreement within this student application form. Do not continue with this application form if you do not agree to the terms of the SCPKU Graduate Seminar Student Agreement.
2) Note that submitting an application does not guarantee selection for an SCPKU graduate seminar. Applicants will be contacted and advised of their selection status by approximately 30 days prior to the start of the seminar.
3) Note that students who are selected may be contacted to submit additional information to complete their profile.
4) Note that a passport with at least six months’ validity prior to entry into China is required to enroll in the SCPKU Graduate Seminar Program. For your own protection, all applicants should ensure that they have such an unexpired passport prior to purchasing airline tickets. SCPKU assumes no responsibility for the passport application process.
I acknowledge that I have read the SCPKU Graduate Seminar Program Participation Commitment and Assumption of Risk, Release of Claims, Indemnification and Hold Harmless Agreement (“SCPKU Graduate Seminar Student Agreement”) at http://scpku.fsi.stanford.edu/content/scpku-graduate-seminar-program-participation-commitment-and-assumption-risk-release-claims-0, understand its meaning and effect, and agree to be bound by its terms.
I Read, Understand and Agree
I Do Not Agree
List your first choice and an alternate, if applicable
!st Choice - Seminar Name: *
Alternate Choice - Seminar Name (if applicable):
How did you hear about the SCPKU Graduate Seminar Program? *
Why do you want to participate in this SCPKU graduate seminar? *
How will this SCPKU Graduate Seminar Program fit and/or enhance your overall educational experience at Stanford and/or your chosen career? *
How well prepared are you to participate in this program and what else do you plan to do to prepare for this program should you be selected? *
Stanford Student ID Number *
Graduate Student - Ph.D.
Graduate Student - Masters
Number of course units completed by commencement of seminar *
Academic Major *
Estimated Graduation Date (MM/YYYY) *
Current GPA (out of 4.0 scale) *
TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED: Email your official e-transcript to the SCPKU Graduate Seminar Program Manager, Connie Chao, at email@example.com. This email request can be made through your account in Axess. Your application will not be considered complete until your e-transcript is received
Describe any discrepancies on your transcript, if applicable
If you answered "Yes" above, list cities in China visited and length of stay
Street Address *
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region *
Postal / Zip Code *
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Central African Republic
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Serbia and Montenegro
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
Student Email Address *
Home Phone *
Cell Phone *
What is the best phone number to reach you at? *
Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY) *
Current Age *
Country of Citizenship *
US Permanent Resident
Indicate current U.S. visa status, if applicable
List any special dietary restrictions and/or needs we should know about including medical needs (e.g., prescription medications, you are under a physician’s care, etc.)? Enter “N/A” if not applicable *
List any non-academic challenges you anticipate facing if you are selected for the graduate seminar you are applying for. Enter “N/A” if not applicable *
This information is confidential and will only be used in case of an emergency. Please provide information for two emergency contacts NOT traveling with you.
Relationship to you *
Work Phone *
Email Address *
Please skip. Do not fill this out.