HEALTH AND MEDICAL LINKS
| Search MedHunt | Health & Medical Links | Sleep Disorders Research Links |
Updated June 25, 1999
Health and Medical Links
These links can lead you to more information on sleep and sleep disorders at various web sites dedicated to health and medicine. Grateful Med is the best source for finding citations of studies that have been done, it is a very useful tool.
- Better Health - Sleep Disorders - The Health Library offers articles on sleep disorders and sleep disorders tests. The Sleep Disorders Message Boards has five separate boards for insomnia, sleep apnea, narcolepsy, snoring and other sleep discussions.
- Grateful Med -- Accesses the National Library of Medicine and Medline. Excellent site for finding studies on sleep disorders, etc.
- Health Central - Dr. Dean Edell's medical web site. Excellent source of information! There is a sleep disorders section.
- Healthfinder - A gateway consumer health and human services information web site. Search on the keyword sleep.
- Mylifepath -- Sleep - Everything you need to know about Sleep
- Healthology -- Getting the Sleep You Need: What You Can Do About Restless Nights and Sleepy Days
- Health Scout -- Watching the Medical World for News About You and Your Family. HealthScout(TM) is a personal health agent, available on many Web sites, that brings you daily news and information about your special interests. It's also a universe of resources that can put you in total command of your health -- and your family's.
- HealthyWay -- provides a balanced health focus, combining the elements of traditional medicine, complementary medicine, and healthy, active living. Of course a section on sleep disorders is included.
- Med Help International - The virtual medical center for patients. Med Help International is dedicated to helping patients find the highest quality medical information in the world today. We offer patients the tools necessary to make informed treatment decisions within the short time lines dictated by their illness or disease.
- Thrive Online - Has message boards for different sleep disorders.
- Intelihealth - Johns Hopkins Health information. Search on the keyword sleep.
- Onhealth - Provides information and resources designed for people who want to know the latest thinking about health and medicine, in terms they can understand and use. Search on the keyword sleep. Power to the Patient Column - Excellent column by Jan Greene on common things patients need advice on.
- Wellness Interactive Network Health Resource Directory - Get healthy. Be Healthy. Stay Healthy. Search on keyword sleep.
- Learn2 - A new way to learn. Search on keyword sleep. Learn2 cope with insomnia, jet lag.
- @Health -- The topics discussed on the At Health Web site help to provide you with information about common mental health issues. Sleep disorders are included in the Mental Health Topics list.
- Stanford Medworld -- For students, physicians and the health care community. The MedWorld MedBot makes searching the web a cinch. Search multiple sites simultaneously. Free access to Medline and much more.
- MedicineNet -- MedicineNet is a network of doctors producing comprehensive, up-to-date health information for the public. Browse the main page to "See what makes you tick" - circadian rhythms information or use the site directory to Health Facts or News Archives. Choose Diseases and treatments to find more on sleep apnea, sleep, snoring, insomnia and Restless Legs.
- KRON's Healthbeat -- Healthbeat features the latest information on important medical issues.
Healthbeat airs in the San Francisco Bay area Monday through Friday at 5pm on NewsCenter4
- MedNet Links -- Find the newest and best healthcare-related links, grouped by topic. (Includes sleep disorders)
- Stanford HealthLink -- A lifeline to medical resources, online and off. Search for sleep, sleep disorders or your specific sleep disorder.
- The Health Library -- The Health Library has some info on sleep disorders as well as other diseases.
- HealthSeek -- HealthSeek is a commercial online healthcare information service, providing healthcare professionals, consumers and companies with a central site on the web for obtaining news, information, resources.
- Healthtouch - Online for better health - online is a resource that brings together valuable information from trusted health organizations.
- Mayo Health O@sis -- Terrific site! Search for sleep related articles.
- Healthguide -- Your ultimate source of health information. Bulletin boards on various subjects available.
- Reuters Health Information Services -- Free Health eLine for the consumer.
- Medical Tribune News Service -- The physician's news source
- New York Times Your Health Daily -- Timely, in-depth articles on a variety of health new topics, written for general readers and health professionals.
- Health Answers -- Has Sleep Disorders Bulletin Boards.
Search the internet for medical resources with
Health On the Net Foundation's
CenterWatch Clinical Trials Listing Service -- an international listing of clinical research trials. You can use this listing to search for clinical trials, find out information about physicians and medical centers performing clinical research, and to learn about drug therapies newly approved by the Food and Drug Administration. You may also sign up for our E-mail notification service, which will inform you of future postings in a particular therapeutic area. There are currently studies on insomnia, sleep disorders and fibromyalgia.
Please note: If you see a mistake, or wrong information, please E-mail: Nodmaster. We welcome your comments, suggestions, or notification of sleep related information.
Go back to The Sleep Well Home Page