If the journal or publication is not specifically concentrated on sleep, I suggest searching their database for the sleep subject you are interested in or "sleep disorders" in general. Happy Surfing!
Updated January 12, 1999
- Archives of General Psychiatry - The Archives of General Psychiatry strives to publish original, state-of-the-art studies and commentaries of general interest to clinicians, scholars and research scientists in psychiatry, mental health, behavioral science and allied fields. Archives seeks to inform and to educate its readers as well as to stimulate debate and further exploration into the nature, causes, treatment and public health importance of mental illness.
- Archives of Internal Medicine- Promotes the art and science of medicine and the betterment of human health by publishing manuscripts of interest and relevance to internists practicing as generalists or as medical subspecialists.
- Archives of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery - Provides timely information for physicians and scientists concerned with diseases of the head and neck. Given the diversity of structure and function based in this anatomic region, the Archives publishes clinical and basic research from an array of disciplines. We place a high priority on strong study designs that accurately identify etiologies, evaluate diagnostic strategies, and distinguish among treatment options and outcomes.
- Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine - The Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine is a monthly, peer-reviewed journal for physicians and other health care professionals who care for children and
adolescents in office, community, and hospital settings. The Archives provides an open forum for dialogue on a full range of clinical, scientific, advocacy, and humanistic issues relevant to the care of pediatric patients from infancy through young adulthood. The Archives is a vehicle for increased attention to adolescent health, the education of pediatric health care professionals, and disease prevention and health promotion.
- British Medical Journal - The BMJ aims to help doctors everywhere practise better medicine and to influence the debate on health. To achieve these aims we publish original scientific studies, review and educational articles, and papers commenting on the clinical, scientific, social, political, and economic factors affecting health.
- Chest - The Cardiopulmonary and Critical Care Journal - The Official Journal of the American College of Chest Physicians. Each month it features cutting edge clinical investigations in the multidisciplinary specialties of chest medicine, such as pulmonology, cardiology, thoracic surgery, transplantation, sleep and breathing, airways disease, and more.
- Dreaming, The Journal of the Association for the Study of Dreams - A multidisciplinary journal, the only professional journal devoted specifically to dreaming. The journal publishes scholarly articles related to dreaming from any
discipline and viewpoint. This includes biological aspects of dreaming and sleep/dream laboratory research; psychological articles of any kind related to dreaming; clinical work on dreams regardless of theoretical perspective (Freudian, Jungian, existential, eclectic, etc.); anthropological, sociological, and philosophical articles related to dreaming; and articles about dreaming from any of the arts and humanities.
- Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) - The mission of the Journal of the American Medical Association is: "To promote the science and art of medicine and the betterment of the public health."
- Journal of Biological Rhythms - publishes original, full-length reports in English of empirical investigations into all aspects of biological rhythmicity. Of particular interest are submissions that focus on rhythms related to the major environmental cycles, including daily (circadian) rhythms, tidal rhythms, annual rhythms (including photoperiodism), as well as other biological rhythms thatinteract with those rhythms influenced by the environment.
- Journal of Neuroscience - The official journal of the Society for Neuroscience.
- Journal of Sleep Research - Official Journal of the European Sleep Research Society that encourages important research papers presenting new findings in the field of sleep and wakefulness including biological rhythms and dreaming.
- New England Journal of Medicine Online - A journal reporting the results of important medical research world wide.
- Pediatrics - PEDIATRICS is the official journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics. PEDIATRICS publishes papers on original research or observations and special feature articles in the field of pediatrics as broadly defined. Papers on matters pertinent to pediatrics will also be included from related fields such as nutrition, surgery, dentistry, public health, child health services, human genetics, animal studies, psychology, psychiatry, education, sociology, and nursing.
- Science Magazine - The global weekly of research.
- Sleep Research Online (SRO) - Sleep Research Online (SRO) is a new, totally electronic, peer-reviewed journal. It is dedicated to the rapid publication of cutting-edge research in the fields of basic and clinical sleep research.
- The Journal SLEEP - Welcome to SLEEP ON-LINE, your web sourcefor abstracts of articles published in SLEEP, the official journal of the American Sleep Disorders Association and the Sleep Research Society. SLEEP publishes articles ranging from clinical investigations of sleep/wake disorders and medical problems during sleep, to investigations of the basic physiological and biochemical events and anatomical structures involved in normal and abnormal sleep. It includes psychological and psychophysiological research, as well as research in relevant areas of circadian and biological rhythms.
- The Lancet Interactive - The Lancet Interactive is the worldwide web version of the world's leading independent medical journal. The site is intended as a service to the journal's readers and is updated weekly at 1 min past midnight on Friday morning (GMT). Subscribers to the printed Lancet can view the complete contents of the journal. Non-subscribers can register online, without charge, to view selected items from the journal.
- World Federation of Sleep Research Society Newsletter Online - The WFSRS Newsletter is a communication tool among sleep researchers worldwide, and thus promotes all forms of information exchange.
Please note: If you see a mistake, or wrong information, please E-mail: Nodmaster. We welcome your comments, suggestions, or notification of sleep related information.
Go back to The Sleep Well Home Page