« Paper: Improving the Presentation and Interpretation of Online Ratings Data with Model-Based Figures | Main | Birthday distribution »

Easy software?

This afternoon, I added a "recent links" section to the left hand side of the main notebook index page.  This section tracks links from my delicious account.  After figuring out that I already had the Feeds App Lite plugin installed, it literally took about 5 minutes to get everything working.  From my perspective, that is simply awesome --- I didn't have to write a line of code!  Thanks to the authors of Movable Type and the Feeds App Lite for doing a great job.

Update It turns out Live Writer decided to change the quote setting to insert gnarly "curly" quotes instead of the standard straight quotes.  Ick, now I have to fix all these ugly quotes.  I'm not sure what isn't working now.

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
https://www.stanford.edu/~dgleich/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/21

Post a comment

(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)

About

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on March 29, 2009 8:02 PM.

The previous post in this blog was Paper: Improving the Presentation and Interpretation of Online Ratings Data with Model-Based Figures.

The next post in this blog is Birthday distribution.

Many more can be found on the main index page or by looking through the archives.

Powered by
Movable Type 3.34