Ernest K. Ryu
Institute for Computational and Mathematical Engineering
Advisor: Professor Stephen P. Boyd
Packard 243, Stanford, CA 94305
Interests and Current Research
Extensions of Gauss Quadrature via Linear Programming.
E. Ryu and S. Boyd,
Foundations of Computational Mathematics, 2014.
Reaction Rates in Bio-molecular Systems Using Discrete
Macro-states. E. Darve and E. Ryu.
In T. Schlick, editor, Innovations in Biomolecular Modeling and
Simulations. Royal Society of Chemistry, 2012.
Structural Characterization of Unsaturated Phosphatidylcholines Using
Traveling Wave Ion Mobility Spectrometry.
H. Kim, H. Kim, E. Pang, E. Ryu, L. Beegle, J. Loo,
W. Goddard, and I. Kanik.
Analytical Chemistry, 2009.
- Convex Optimization I (EE364a), Summer 2014 (sole instructor).
- ICME Refresher Course, Sept. 17–20
Teaching assistant at Stanford University for:
- Convex Optimization II (EE364b), Spring 2014.
- Numerical Linear Algebra (CME 302), Fall 2013.
- Convex Optimization I (EE364a), Winter 2013.
- Computer Programming in C++ for Scientists and Engineers
(CME211), Fall 2011.
Teaching assistant at California Institute of Technology for:
- Introductory Methods of Applied Mathematics
- Physics Laboratory (Ph7), Spring 2009.
Other teaching assistant experience:
- Convex Optimization (MOOC) (CVX101), Winter 2014.
PhD, Computational and Mathematical Engineering, Stanford, 2010–Present.
BS with Honor, Electrical Engineering, Caltech, 2010.
BS with Honor, Physics, Caltech, 2010.
Other Stuff I Have Done
Imaging and Computing Group,
visiting student, Summer 2011.
Biophotonics Laboratory, research assistant, Summer 2010.
JPL NASA, internship, Summer
2007, 2008, and 2009.
Simons Math+X Graduate Fellowship, 2012–13 and 2014–15.
DOE Office of Science Graduate Fellowship (SCGF), 2010–13.
NASA Tech Brief Award, 2011.
Caltech Upper Class Merit Award, 2008.