Large, interacting stochastic systems appear in many facets of
today's world and are of broad importance. Examples include the banking
system, financial markets, electric power grids, engineering systems,
health care, and social networks. Due to their scale, complexity, and
large amounts of data, analyzing such systems is inherently challenging
and will require new theoretical and computational approaches. My
research develops models, computational methods, and statistical tools
for such systems. I am particularly interested in developing new data-driven
approaches for modeling and optimization of these systems. My research has won the 2014 SIAM Financial
Mathematics and Engineering Conference Paper Prize. For a full list of papers and presentations, please see my CV at the top
of the page. See my Research Statement for a complete
description of research interests.
- "Efficient Risk Analysis of Mortgage
Pools" (with K. Giesecke). Submitted. Winner of SIAM
Financial Mathematics and Engineering Conference Paper Prize.
Inference for Large Financial Systems" (with
G. Schwenkler and K. Giesecke). To be submitted soon.
- "Optimal Selection of Loan Portfolios" (with K. Giesecke and
G. Tsoukalas). Work in progress.
- "Geographic Risk for Mortgages" (with K. Giesecke). Work in
progress. Geographic network model based upon detailed data set
which includes over 175 million mortgages and 97 percent of US real estate transactions.
- "Risk Premia for Mortgage-backed Securities" (with
K. Giesecke). Work in progress.
- SIAM Financial Mathematics and Engineering Meeting, Chicago,
2014. Invited Speaker.
- INFORMS Annual Meeting, San Francisco, 2014. Invited Speaker
and Session Organizer of Financial Risks Session.
- Likelihood Estimation for Large Financial Systems.
Joint Mathematics Meeting, Baltimore, 2014. Invited Speaker.
- Fluctuation Analysis
for Loss from Default . INFORMS
Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, 2013. Invited Speaker.
on Subprime Crisis. For a general audience at Stanford University, 2013.
- Fifth Western Conference on Mathematical Finance, Stanford University, 2013. Invited Speaker.
- INFORMS Annual Meeting, Phoenix, October, 2012. Invited Speaker.
- Financial Mathematics Seminar, Stanford University, 2012. Invited Speaker.
- Systemic Risk Seminar, Department of Mathematics, Stanford University, 2012.
- SIAM Financial Mathematics and Engineering Meeting, Minneapolis, 2012. Chair of Credit Risk Session.
- Annual Meeting of the Canadian Applied and Industrial Mathematics Society, Toronto, 2012. Invited Speaker.
- 5th Financial Risks International Forum, Paris, France, 2012.
- Financial Engineering Seminar, Stanford University, 2011.