Postdoctoral Researcher, Stanford University (Sept 2013-present)
A Trust-as-a-Service platform for online marketplaces, sharing economy services, and social applications.
A social platform to crowdsource government budgets and drive consensus on budget deficits.
Stanford University (Sept 2008-Aug 2013)
University of Florida, Gainesville (Jan 2003-Dec 2004)
Master of Science, Computer Engineering.
S. G. S. Institute of Technology & Science, Indore, India (Sept 1998-Aug 2002)
Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Engineering.
Stanford University Graduate School of Business (Jan 2014-March 2014)
Carnegie Mellon University (August 2012)
Stanford University d.School (September 2009)
Distance Education Program, IIT Bombay, India (Mar-May 2002)
Remotely attended a graduate course on Modern Information Systems.
- Magic grant awarded by The Brown Institute for Media Innovation, 2013-14.
- Yahoo! Key Scientific Challenges award winner, 2010.
- School of Engineering Fellowship, Stanford University, 2008-09.
- Certificate of Achievement for maintaining a 4.0 GPA by the International Student Center, University of Florida, Apr 2004.
- Best Senior Project, Department of Computer Engineering, SGSITS Indore, 2001-02.
- All-India rank 34 (99.36 percentile) in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) in Computer Science for admission to the graduate programs in IITs and the Indian Institute of Science, 2001.
- Twice ranked in the IIT Joint Entrance Exam (1998 and 1999); declined admission offers.
- P. Dandekar, N. Fawaz, S. Ioannidis. Privacy Auctions for Recommender Systems. ACM TEAC, Volume 2, Issue 3, July 2014.
A preliminary version presented at WINE '12.
- P. Dandekar, A. Goel, D. Lee. Biased Assimilation, Homophily, and the Dynamics of Polarization. Proc. National Academy of Sciences, 110 (15), 5791-5796, April 9, 2013.
A preliminary version presented at WINE '12.
- P. Dandekar, K. Hosanagar. Landing Page Selection for Online Advertising: The Network Matters. WISE '12 (Poster).
- P. Dandekar, A. Goel, M. P. Wellman, B. Wiedenbeck. Strategic Formation of Credit Networks. WWW '12.
A preliminary version presented at TADA '11.
- P. Dandekar, A. Goel, R. Govindan, I. Post. Liquidity in Credit Networks: A Little Trust Goes a Long Way. EC '11.
A preliminary version presented at NetEcon '10.
- P. Dandekar. Algebraic-geometric Methods for Complexity Lower Bounds. Master's Thesis (advised by Prof. Meera Sitharam), University of Florida, 2004.
- A. Pol, P. Dandekar. Highly Scalable And Accurate Structure For BLAST Seeds. University of Florida, 2004. Work extended and published in BIBE '05.
- A. K. Ganguly, P. Dandekar. On the Effect of Shocks on a Protective System having two Main Units and one Protective Unit. 25th National Systems Conference, Coimbatore, India, 2001.
- Attribute-based navigation of items, US Patent 8,660,912.
- Assessing users who provide content, US Patent 8,195,522.
- Privacy Auction Mechanism, WIPO Patent App. WO2013066573.
- Systems and methods for generating a descriptive uniform resource locator (URL), US Patent 7,921,097.
- 5 other patent applications pending.
Summer Intern, Technicolor Research Center, Palo Alto CA (Summer 2011)
Summer Intern, Google Research, Mountain View CA (Summer 2009)
Amazon.com, Seattle WA (Summer 2004, Feb 2005-Sept 2008)
Research Assistant, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India (Sept-Dec 2002)
Summer Intern, Persistent Systems, Pune, India (Summer 2001)
Teaching Assistant, Stanford University
MS&E 239 (Computational Advertising), Autumn 2009, Autumn 2010.
Teaching Assistant, University of Florida
- CGS 3063 (Computers & Modern Society), Spr 2003, Fall 2003, Spr 2004.
- COP 3530 (Undergraduate Data Structures & Algorithms), Summer 2003.
- Program/Organizing Committee member for NetSci 2014.
- Organizer of the RAIN Seminar at Stanford, 2012-13.
- Coordinator for the OR PhD Admit Day at Stanford, April 2012.
- Journal Reviewer: ACM Transactions on the Web (TWEB), Operations Research, and Algorithmica.
- Conference Reviewer: EC '14, SODA '13, STOC '12, KDD '09.
- Co-organizer of the Stanford Operations Research Seminar, 2009-2011.
- PC member for the Demo track at WWW '10.
- Co-organizer for EC '09, WINE '10.
- Member of the Stanford table-tennis club team, 2012-2013.
- A check for 0x$2.00 from Don Knuth.
- Member of the University of Florida team at the ACM Programming Contest, 2003.
- First prize, Circuit Design Contest at TRYST, a national technical festival organized by IIT Delhi, 2001.
- Led the University Chess team at the All India Inter-University Chess Tournament, 2000. Led the College Chess team all four years of undergraduate study.