The texts below are all primary works (in the original language, mainly Persian) available online. In some cases, I have also included links to useful overviews of a given text online, particularly on the Perso-Indica website. Feel free to use these texts and links for any and all scholarly purposes and continue to make them widely, freely available.
For the time being, my focus here is on Persian texts instead of Sanskrit. That's because Sanskritists have already developed methods of getting materials online of which Persianists, particularly Indo-Persianists, can only dream. What you see below is only the beginning and focuses on texts relevant to a particular set of subjects. Please click here to learn more about finding more primary texts pertinent to various topics online.
Delhi Sultanate Period
- Tarikh-i Firoz Shahi of Barani: Bibliotheca Indica ed.
- Tabaqat-i Nasiri of Juzjani: Calcutta ed.
- Tarikh-i Firoz Shahi of Shams Siraj Afif: Bibliotheca Indica ed.
- Tarikh-i Akbari of Muhammad 'Arif Qandahari: Rampur edition.
- Razmnāmah or the Mahābhārata in Persian.
- Akbarnāmah of Abu al-Fazl: Vol 1 Naval Kishore ed. and Vol 1 and Vol 2 in Asiatic Society of Bengal ed.
- Ā'īn-i Akbarī of Abu al-Fazl: Sir Sayid Ahmad ed., reprinted 2005 and Bibl. Indica ed: Vol 1 (part 1 and part 2), Vol 2 (Ahval-i Hindustan)
- Letters of Abu al-Fazl: Lithographed numerous times, e.g., 1882 ed, 1893 ed.
- Muntakhab al-Tavārīkh of Bada'uni's: Volume 2 of Bibl. Indica ed. and 19th century lithograph.
- Nal-Daman-i Farsi of Fayzi: Nawal Kishore ed.
- Rāmāyan-i Masīḥī of Masih Panipat Sa'd Allah.
- Iqbālnāmah-i Jahāngīrī: Asiatic Society, 1865 ed.
- Majalis-i Jahangiri.
- Bādshāhnāmah of Abd al-Hamid Lahauri, Asiatic Society of Bengal ed: Vol 1, Vol 2, Vol 3, and Index to the Persian text.
- Ma’ās̱ir-i 'Ālamgīrī of Saqi Musta'd Khan: Asiatic Society ed.
- Muntakhab al-Lubāb of Khāfī Khān, Asiatic Society of Bengal ed: Part 1, Part 2.
- Alamgirnamah of Mirza Muhammad Kazim: ASB edition.
- Khulasat al-Tavarikh of Sujan Rai Bhandari: 1918 edition.
- Ma’ās̱ir al-Umarā of Navāb Ṣamṣām al-Daulah Shāh Navāz Khān, Asiatic Society of Bengal ed: Vol 1, Vol 2, Vol 3.
- Ma'asir al-Kiram of Azad Bilgrami: Vol 1, Vol 2.
- A cache of Safavid documents are available from the Asnad project.
- A Mughal Family tree, 1526-1857. Please note that this document is changeable so you can make your own improvements. It is also provisional, and all information therein should be confirmed before being cited. The first page is also available as a pdf.
- Vinay Lal's section on the Mughals on his website, Manas.
- Avetsa.org offers a variety of Old and Middle Persian texts.