- Inline Pylab. Add this block to move to the directory of your choice and plot images inline.
- Open File with File Dialog on Top. Usually, file dialog box stays behind open applications. Use this to get it at the front.
- Load Data from CSV File
- Save Figure
- To change the home directory for ipython in Ubuntu. This can be used in the desktop launcher file - ipython.desktop located at /usr/share/applications. Usually, the default directory is /home.
ipython notebook '--NotebookManager.notebook_dir=/home/yasser/Dropbox/ipython'
- It took me a while to figure out how to install mayavi for IPython in Windows. If you’re using Anaconda distribution life will be easy.
- Open Anaconda Command Prompt from the start menu.
- Move to the Scripts directory under Anaconda.
- Update conda
conda.exe update conda
- Install mayavi
conda.exe install mayavi
- Enable qt console by putting this at the beginning of your ipython notebook file
- Try out one of the examples provided here: http://docs.enthought.com/mayavi/mayavi/auto/examples.html#mlab-functions-gallery
Last modified: 2017-12-31