- Read the syllabus, Honor Code, and Course Communication handouts.
- Install PyCharm using the Installing PyCharm handout. If you run into any issues, come to one of the installation help sessions (Monday, 6/24 from 3:00-4:30pm or Tuesday, 6/25 from 2:30-4:30pm).
- Email Nick with any OAE accommodations and/or midterm conflicts. If you have a midterm conflict, you must also fill out this form.
- Make sure to sign up for a section time at cs198.stanford.edu. Sections will be announced at 9am on Wednesday and start the same day!
- Assignment 0 (getting to know you!) is out and should only take ~5 minutes to complete. 🙂
Learning Goals (quarter-long)
- I am excited to use programming to solve real-world problems I encounter outside class, including those related to my major/career.
- I can break down complex problems into smaller subproblems by applying the logical reasoning skills I have gained from programming.
- I better understand the technology in my everyday life and can identify the programmatic concepts present in these technologies.
- I understand how computers process and organize information.