- Make sure to sign up for a section time at cs198.stanford.edu before 5pm tonight! Sections will be announced at 9am tomorrow and start the same day!
- If you’ve tried to install PyCharm using the Installing PyCharm handout but have questions, please come to today’s installation help session from 2:30-4:30pm in Gates B02.
- Assignment 0 (getting to know you!) is out and should only take ~5 minutes to complete. 🙂
- Assignment 1 has been released today! We recommend taking a look at the Karel in PyCharm handout before getting started.
- If you weren’t already registered on either, you should have received invitations to both a Canvas site and Piazza. Make sure to accept those! Canvas will only be used as a place where you can watch lecture videos for the course.
- Email Nick with any OAE accommodations and/or midterm conflicts. If you have a midterm conflict, you must also fill out this form.
- If you haven’t already, please make sure to read the handouts linked on the home page of the site! (syllabus, Honor Code, and Course Communication)
- I can think through what happens when I execute a series of commands in a particular world.
- I can write functions to teach Karel new commands.
- I understand that programs run linearly, but control flow techniques give me the ability to alter the precise linear flow of code.