- Final is on Friday, 8:30-11:30AM, in 420-41
- Honor Code retractions due tomorrow
- Reference page is the same as for the midterm
- Cumulative, with slightly more weight towards second half of the class
- Study the homeworks and the midterm
- Look at the learning goals at the end of each lecture
- Hint: Try to find connections between the course material. How do the different lectures relate?
What does each level do?
Week 2 Tuesday:
Data and Storage
- What are different kinds of data? How are they stored?
- Data Compression: what? why? example?
- How are images represented?
- Know how to use for loops and if statements
- More complex code: grayscale, green screen, edge detection, and blur
Image Algorithm Refresher
- How are spreadsheets like a programming language?
- What can you do in spreadsheets?
- Why are spreadsheets useful?
Week 5 Tuesday:
- What are the types of artificial intelligence? When should you use each one?
- What are some examples of artificial intelligence in real life? How can you use artificial intelligence to solve a problem?
Week 5 Thursday:
- What is an algorithm? What makes an algorithm good?
- What are Turing Machines? Why are they important?
- What is P vs. NP? What are the implications if P = NP?
- How do we know problems are unsolvable? What does it mean for a problem to be unsolvable?
- What is a client? What is a server? How do they communicate (TCP/IP Protocol)?
- How does Google and Facebook's backends work?
Security and Privacy
- What is the difference between security and privacy?
- What is encryption? What is hashing? How do computer scientists protect your data?
- How can criminals try to access data? How can you protect yourself?
- What is bitcoin? How are bitcoin transactions processed? What is the blockchain, and why is it important (outside of bitcoin)?
- P.S. Everyone should have a Password Manager!
Week 9 Thursday:
- Why is design important?
- How is design misused? What are the societal implications of design in computer science?
Any other questions?
Thanks for a great quarter!