- We will be using Canvas for
our class website. The web.stanford.edu website you are currently viewing will not be updated.
- Course Objectives for CS108 include:
- To substantially strengthen students' programming ability by requiring them to program a number of large, interesting projects.
- To teach students to find information on their own and solve problems on their own using available documentation; to give them the confidence in their own abilities they will need when programming in industry or as grad students.
- To solidify students understanding of object-oriented principles.
- To provide team programming experience and to show students how use of software engineering principles can greatly improve team programming.
- To provide exposure to a broad range of programming areas including multi-threaded programs, communication between processes, and interacting with databases..
- This quarter the GUI portion of the assignments will be targetting the Android platform.
Download the syllabus here.
- Lecturer: Dr. Patrick Young
E-Mail: patrick.young at
Office: Gates 194
Office Hours: Check Canvas
MW 3:00-4:20pm in Hewlett 201
- Kali Cornn, kcornn at
- Jim Posen, jimpo at
- Christina Ramsey, cmramsey at
Dr. Young will hold office hours in Gates 194. Check Canvas for Teaching Assistant Office Hours Time and Location.