You can use VNC for this purpose, as demonstrated by Manu in class.
- Login to a leland machine (using Secure CRT) and run the command
vncserver as follows:
- The first time it will ask you for a password. From the second time on,
it will give you the desktop number as follows:
New 'X' desktop is elaine33.Stanford.EDU:4
- Launch the vnc viewer on your m/c. (The viewer can be downloaded
- When prompted for the server, enter the machine name
and number that vnc server gave you (elaine33.Stanford.EDU:4 for
- It will then prompt you for a password. Enter the same
password you entered the first time you ran vncserver.
- After this, your X desktop should show up.