USEFUL RESEARCH LINKS
Journal search links
The electronic preprint server for astrophysics, hosted at Cornell University and mirrored at LANL, lists all manner of preprints, including papers submitted to and/or accepted by major journals, conference proceedings, as well as pedagogical reviews unpublished elsewhere and works otherwise unpublished. (Caveat lector.)
- Useful astro-ph links:
- Today's papers
- Papers submitted during the last week, or during the current month
- Search form, by author/title/abstract
- Look up an abstract (and thence the entire paper) by entering the paper's "phone number"
The NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS) maintains a searchable bibliographic database of published journal papers. Each entry generally contains bibliographic information, an abstract, a link to the electronic version of the journal article (when available), a scanned or PDF version of the journal article, as well as a list of entries for references by that paper, as citations of that paper by other papers.
- Useful ADS links:
- Search the database by author, date, title words, and/or astronomical object; highly configurable search parameters and weighting if desired
- Look up an entry by journal name, year, volume, and page number. Excellent for quickly finding online a listed reference in another paper (since this search form is in the same format as that of the References section of a typical paper)
Stanford University subscribes to the journals below, and as such they can be accessed by Stanford machines. Non-campus machines may not be able to access this information unless another subscription is in force.
Annual Review of Astronomy & Astrophysics
The Astronomical Journal
Astronomy & Astrophysics
The Astrophysical Journal
Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society
Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific
Publications of a more general nature, covering broader scientific areas, or of popular interest.
CNN Science & Space
Nature's physics portal
New York Times: Space & Cosmos Science News
Sky and Telescope
Yahoo News: Science
Astronomy Program Home