Stanford University offers eligible employees adoption assistance that reimburses up to $10,000
per adoption for "qualified adoption expenses." Any expenses incurred on or after the employee's
first day of Stanford University employment, but not before September 1, 2001, are eligible for
The adopted child must:
Not be the child of the employee's spouse, domestic partner or committed partner.
* indicates required fields.
Dependent & Expense Information
From your Stanford Email Account, compose a message with "Secure:" at the start of the email subject line and address to WorkLifeFinAssist@stanford.edu.
Items to include:
- Your Employee ID
- The child's full name
- The child's age
- Date child was placed in the home
- Date adoption was finalized
- A copy of the executed adoption contract or agency agreement
- Receipts from the agency, lawyer or party that assisted with carrying out the adoption
- A copy of the court order and/or adoption contract that confirms the finalization of the adoption or the child's placement in your home
If you have any questions, please email WorkLifeFinAssist@stanford.edu for additional support.