Specific Apartment Assignment - student with children

You are not immediately assigned to a specific room or apartment. Specific apartment assignments are made shortly before classes begin by local Housing Front Desk staff (not Housing Assignments), after students have been assigned to a specific type of housing.

Special consideration for assignment to renovated or larger apartments is not offered. If you have a disability or documented medical condition that should be considered when making your room/apartment assignment, contact the Office of Accessible Education (650) 723-1066 to make your needs known. Please do not send medical information to Housing Assignments or to your Housing Front Desk.

If you require further information regarding your specific room or apartment, please contact your Housing Front Desk.

Moving In

Please review the Moving-in section for all moving-related information, including checking in, what to bring, a move-in checklist, and mail delivery. This section will answer many of your pre-arrival questions about your residence, the best way to get to Stanford, where to stay if you want to arrive before your move-in date, and more.

"Energy Star" Rated Appliances

If you are newly assigned to the EV low-rise apartments, Buildings 1-144, you may have individual laundry hook-ups within your apartment. Please contact your Housing Building Manager to verify you have the required "Energy Star" rated washing machine and have the locks on the hookups removed prior to any equipment installation.

Mailing Personal Belongings

You should plan for your personal belongings to arrive after you have arrived on campus. There are no storage arrangements available for accepting and holding mail or packages arriving prior to a student's arrival. If you must ship your belongings early, ship them with a carrier, like UPS, who will not deliver your packages until you have phoned them with delivery information. You will need to make these arrangements directly with the carrier service.

Construction and Capital Improvement Program

The University is working to renovate and improve some of our existing residences, including substantial renovations, seismic strengthening, asbestos abatement, and lead paint management. Some students may be required to move to different rooms or temporarily vacate their current rooms while work is underway. We will make every effort to perform work when apartments vacate or in unobtrusive ways while students are in residence. If temporary or permanent moves are necessary, we will attempt to minimize the impact on student life. Students who need to move because their apartment is scheduled to be renovated or demolished will remain under contract and will not be released from contract unless they are otherwise eligible for release. Renovations, new construction, other major University construction projects or unforeseen repair projects will necessarily cause increased noise, dust and traffic impact around directly involved and nearby residences, as well as throughout other housing areas.

Prior to and up to a year after a major construction project, continual work may occur in and around your residence. When you signed your residence agreement, you acknowledged that you have been advised of these projects, and you accepted your housing assignment accordingly. Unforeseen circumstances could necessitate additional construction work at other residences. While all possible measures will be taken to minimize the impact of all of these housing projects, anyone moving into these areas should be prepared to accept the unavoidable aspects of life in a neighborhood under construction. An updated list of planned projects is available at http://www.stanford.edu/dept/rde/cgi-bin/drupal/housing/apply/new-year-students.

Public School Information

If you have school-aged children, you can find out when and where your child should be enrolled by contacting the Palo Alto Unified School District Office at (650) 329-3707. You will need a birth certificate, your child's immunization record, the full name and address of your child's previous school (U.S. only), and an address verification form (available at the Escondido Village Housing Front Desk after you have accepted your housing assignment) in order to register your child. As enrollment may be limited, it is recommended that you contact the school district as soon as possible.

Last modified Mon, 16 Jan, 2012 at 20:44