History of the Committee
AxeComm regards its original members as the Immortal 21, the brave souls that reclaimed the Stanford Axe from Cal in 1930. Since then, there have been several different evolutions throughout the decades. The modern version of the Axe Committee has been in existence since 1982.
What We Do
Our primary responsibility is the care and security of the Stanford Axe, the trophy awarded annually to the winner of the Big Game. In addition, we attend most major Stanford Athletics events to promote spirit and excitement among the student sections and other fans.
At home football games, you’ll see us on the mic leading yells, blowing the Stanford Train Whistle and Boom Cannon when we score, running flags, raising and lowering nets, and generally having a great time watching Stanford demonstrate its athletic prowess.
At home Men’s and Women’s basketball games, you’ll see us waving the Stanford flags during pregame introductions and timeouts, and throwing t-shirts into the crowd.
In addition to Game Day operations, AxeComm is heavily involved in promoting Stanford spirit by hosting Big Game Week, publishing the Handbook of Stanford University History, Tradition, and Lore, keeping the official Frisbee Golf course, and much more.
Who We Are
Members of the Axe Committee are students from all corners of campus with one thing in common — a love and appreciation for all things Stanford. We also have a strong base of alumni members.
- Chairwoman: Charmayne Floyd, ’19 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vice-Chairman: Ryland Pampush, ’21
- Financial Officer: Gaurab Banerjee, ’21
- Director of Gameday Activities: Alex Bradfield, ’21
- Directors of Non-Gameday Activities: Carlino Cuono, ’21 and Kyra Whitelaw, ’21
- Director of Basketball Activities: Calvin Tolbert, ’21
- Social Chairs: Emma Rashes, ’21 and Mayte Guerrero, ’19