Working Papers in Grammatical Theory and Discourse Structure
Interactions of Morphology, Syntax, and Discourse
This volume of working papers emerged from a workshop on Morphology/Syntax/Discourse Interactions held in the summer of 1985 at CSLI, Stanford University. The central objective of the workshop was to discover phenomena that are empirically found to occur. The papers included in the volume are refined and augmented versions of the material originally presented in the workshop and deal with different aspects of interactions between syntax and the other subsystems of the grammar.
was a senior research scientist at Fujitsu Software Corporation at the time of this publication. an Assistant Professor in the Department of Linguistics at the University of Texas at Austin at the time of this publication. was an assistant professor of linguistics at Yale University at the time of this publication.
- Topic, Pronoun, and Agreement in Chicheŵa
Joan Bresnan and Sam A. Mchombo
- Morphological Integrity and Syntax: The Evidence from Finnish Possessives Suffixes
- Case-Assignment by Nominals in Japanese
- On Obligatory Control in Clausal Complements
- Reflexivization Variation: Relations between Syntax, Semantics, and Lexical Structure
Peter Sells, Annie Zaenen, and Draga Zec
ISBN (Paperback): 9780937073049 (0937073040)
ISBN (Cloth): 9780937073254 (0937073253)
Subject: Linguistics; Grammar
Distributed by the