From Designing Education Lab
- Sandia National Laboratories, California
P.O. Box 969, MS9102
Livermore, CA 94551-0969
Jerrod Peterson is a Ph.D. candidate in Mechanical Engineering at Stanford. For his dissertation, he is using qualitative research methods to explore factors that hinder the use of finite element analysis (FEA) in product development.
Jerrod is also a member of the technical staff at Sandia National Laboratories in Livermore, California, where he works on multidisciplinary teams that design and develop ruggedized electronics. Jerrod is a passionate advocate for an informed and balanced use of FEA as part of rapid product development efforts. His Ph.D. research has been sponsored through Sandia's University Part-Time Program.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University (expected 2014)
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Oregon State University (2004)
- Honors B.A., International Studies, Oregon State University (2001)
- Honors B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Oregon State University (2001)
- S. Purzer, Q. Jin, P. K. Imbrie. Enthusiasts or Informed: Who Chooses Materials Science and Engineering? Journal of Materials Education. (In Print).