From Designing Education Lab
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 12:35, 22 July 2013
- Center for Design Research
Building 560, Room 116
424 Panama Mall
Stanford, CA 94305-2206
Qu Jin is a Postdoctoral Student in Mechanical Engineering at Stanford University. Her research interest focuses on educational researches that can help improve teaching, learning, and educational policy decision makings in engineering using both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Ph.D., Engineering Education, Purdue University, West Lafayette (2013)
- Certificate in Statistics, Purdue University, West Lafayette (2012)
- M.S., Biomedical Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette (2009)
- B.S., Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China (2007)
- S. Purzer, Q. Jin, P. K. Imbrie. Enthusiasts or Informed: Who Chooses Materials Science and Engineering? Journal of Materials Education. (In Print).
- Q. Jin, S. Purzer, P. K. Imbrie. Measuring First Year Engineering Students’ Knowledge and Interest in Materials Science and Engineering. Proceedings of 2012 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition. June, 2012. San Antonio, TX.
- T. Reed-Rhoads, P. K. Imbrie, Q. Jin, J. Lin. Modeling Student Success of International Undergraduate Engineers. Proceedings of 2012 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition. June, 2012. San Antonio, TX.
- Q. Jin, P. K. Imbrie, J. Lin. A Mutli-Outcome Hybrid Model for Predicting Student Success in Engineering. Proceedings of 2011 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition. June, 2011. Vancouver BC, Canada.
- Q. Jin, L. Groll, P. K. Imbrie, and T. Reed-Rhoads. Work In Progress: Calculus Placement Modeling for Engineering Student Potentially Contributes to Appropriate Advising. Proceedings of 2011 IEEE/ASEE Frontiers in Education (FIE). Rapid City, SD.
- P. K. Imbrie, J. Lin, Q. Jin. Modeling Academic Success of Female and Minority Engineering Students Using Student Attitudinal Success Instrument and Pre-college Factors. Proceedings of 2011 IEEE/ASEE Frontiers in Education (FIE). Rapid City, SD.
- A. Gaharwar, P.J. Schexnailder, Q. Jin, C-J. Wu, G. Schmidt. Addition of chitosan to silicate cross-linked PEO for tuning osteoblast cell adhesion and mineralization. ACS Applied Materials and Interface. Oct 2010.
- Q. Jin, P. Schexnailder, A. Gaharwar, and G. Schmidt. Silicate Cross-linked Bio-Nanocomposite Hydrogels from PEO and Chitosan. Macromolecular Bioscience. Jul 2009.