From DesignX Wiki
Revision as of 19:18, 28 December 2009 by Micah
- Tang, J. C. and Leifer, L. J. (1988). A framework for understanding the workspace activity of design teams. InProceedings of the 1988 ACM Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (Portland, Oregon, United States, September 26 - 28, 1988). CSCW '88. ACM Press, New York, NY, 244-249.
- V Baya, LJ Leifer. (1994). Study of the information handling behavior of designers during conceptual design. In Design Theory and Methodology, 68, 153-160.
- Brereton, M. F. (1998) The Role of Hardware in Learning Engineering Fundamentals: An Empirical Study of Engineering Design and Dissection Activity, PhD Dissertation, Stanford University.
- Carrizosa, K., and Sheppard, S. (2000) The Importance of Learning Styles in Group Design Work. ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education. T2B-12-17
- Leifer, L., Culpepper, J., Ju, W., Canon, D., Eris, O., Liang, T., Bell, D., Bier, E., Pier, K., "Measuring the Performance of Online Distributed Team Innovation (Learning) Services," proceedings of the ECI Conference on e-Technologies in Engineering Education, Davos, Switzerland, 2002.
- Eris, O., "Manifestation of Divergent-Convergent Thinking in Question Asking and Decision Making Processes of Design Teams: A Performance Dimension," in Human Behavior in Design, Lindemann, U. (editor), p. 142-153, Springer-Verlag, London, 2003.
- Eris, O., Leifer, L., "Facilitating Product Development Knowledge Acquisition: Interaction between The Expert and The Team," International Journal of Engineering Education, Vol. 19, No. 1, p. 142-152, 2003.
- Cockayne, W.R.(2004): A Study of the Formation of Innovation Ideas in Informal Networks
- Feland III, J.M.(2005): Product Capital Model: modeling the value of design to corporate performance.
- Donaldson, K. (2002) Recommendations for Improved Development by Design. Development by Design. 2nd International Conference on Open Collaborative Design for Sustainable Innovation. http://www.thinkcycle.org/dyd02
- Carrizossa, K., Eris, O., Mabogunje, A., Milne, A., Leifer, L., "Building the Design Observatory: a core instrument for design research." Proceedings of the Design 2002 Conference, Dubrovnik, Croatia, 2002.
- Leifer, L., and Mabogunje, A., "A Framework for Instrumenting Design Teams," in Designers - The Key to Successful Product Development, H. Birkhofer, P. Badke-Schaub, E. Frankenberger, (Editors), Springer-Verlag, London, Spring 1998.
- Mabogunje, A, Leifer, L.J., "Noun Phrases as Surrogates for Measuring Early Phases of the Mechanical Design Process," proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Design Theory and Methodology, ASME, Sacramento, California, 1997.
- Liang, T., Cannon, C., Feland, J., Mabogunje, A., Yen, S., Yang, M., and Leifer, L., "New Dimensions In Internet-Based Design Capture and Reuse," proceedings of the International Conference on Engineering Design, Munich, Germany, 1999.
- Ju, W., Ionescu, A., Neeley, L., Winograd, T. "Where the Wild Things Work: Capturing Physical Design Workspaces." In Proc. of Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work. November 2004. Chicago, IL, 533-541.