Fingate Buying and Paying > Expense Requests > How To... > Return Unused Advance Funds

How To:  Return Unused Advance Funds

Before You Start

Advances that are not applied via an expense report or by returning funds, may be:

  • Withheld from subsequent reimbursements to the payee, or
  • Reported as personal income to the payee

Note:  If none of the advance was used (you are returning the full amount), start at Step 3. You do not need to create an expense report in the Expense Requests system.

Expand / Collapse All

arrowStep 2 – Apply an Advance

If partial advance is spent, refer to Step 8 of How To: Create Domestic Expense Report or How To: Create a Foreign Expense Report for an SU Payee to apply the spent portion of the advance to an expense report.


What's Next?


back to top