How to Declare
Congratulations on deciding on your major! If you are indeed ready to declare, follow these steps.
1. Assignment to faculty advisor
- Email Renee Chao (email@example.com) with the following subject line template: Declaring Product Design, [insert Firstname Lastname], Class of [insert year]
- Renee will assign a faculty member to be your major advisor and connect you with the peer advisor
2. Gather and complete the following paperwork
- Declaration Cover Sheet: Available here
- Program Sheet: Available here (filling out in Excel is preferred; please follow the guidelines)
- Unofficial Transcript: Download from Axess
3. Meet with advisors
- All AY 2020-2021 office hours are virtual, and Renee will provide you with this information when you email regarding your intention to declare
- Attend office hours with peer advisor Brooke (firstname.lastname@example.org). Bring your program sheet or a tentative draft, so she can review it and answer any logistical questions about the declaration process and the major in general
- Then, with your set of paperwork ready to be signed and available to screen share, meet with your assigned faculty advisor during their office hours
- To apply AP or IB credit towards major requirements, email your completed program sheet with your transcript to Darlene Lazar (email@example.com)
- Email this completed and signed set of paperwork to Renee
- Declare on Axess!