Center News & Events
- Download our research brief on the California Poverty Measure, a new index that improves upon conventional poverty measures. Find out which counties have the highest poverty rates, which demographic groups have the highest poverty rates, and how well our safety net is working.
- Download the brief here!
- The CPI is accepting applications for a postdoctoral position, funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, for the 2014-15 academic year.
- More information is here.
- The Stanford Center on Poverty and Inequality (CPI) seeks to support research that will expand our knowledge of key trends in poverty and inequality.
- Read the RFP here!
- Congratulations to CPI Fellows Sharon Jank and Lindsay Owens for winning the Robert Dentler Award for their wildly successful "data deck" on poverty and inequality in the United States.
- Check out the slide deck here!
- Read our new evaluation of Payday Plus SF, a lower-interest alternative to payday loans created by the Office of Financial Empowerment in San Francisco in partnership with local credit unions.
- Click here to read the report.
- We've collected three working papers from our CPI affiliates that provide new evidence on the social and economic fallout of the Great Recession.
- Read them here!
National Report Card on Poverty and Inequality
- Mark your calendars! On January 13, 2014, the CPI will host its first annual poverty and inequality State of the Union, an event dedicated to monitoring poverty and inequality trends in the U.S. and identifying emerging problems and successes in the country’s effort to equalize opportunity.
- Read more about trends in poverty and inequality here.
- Check out the wealth inequality website from CPI affiliate Lisa Keister! It's the new go-to site that provides up-to-date evidence on wealth concentration, immigrants and wealth, and religion and wealth.
- Visit the website here!
- Click here to view our calendar of events.