2019 SIPP Application
Questions you will answer when you apply are listed below.
Access the application here.
1) During the spring of 2019, will you be:
( ) An undergraduate student
( ) A graduate student
( ) A professional
2) And, are you at student at Stanford University or some other university?
( ) Stanford University
( ) Some other university
3) Are you enrolled in a master’s program or a Ph.D. program?
( ) Master’s program
( ) Ph.D. program
4) Please enter your email address:
5) Your final cost for SIPP 2019 will be $2800. This includes three weeks of instruction and room and board at Stanford University.
Before you submit your application to SIPP now, do you commit now 100% for sure that if you are accepted, you will definitely pay all required fees ($2800) by the deadlines for payments and that you will definitely attend SIPP?
The reason we are asking you this question is that we have found some people who are possibly interested in attending SIPP say to themselves, “I’m going to apply and see if I get in. If I get in, then I’ll see whether I can come up with the money to attend. Maybe I will come up with the money, and maybe I won’t. If I don’t come up with the money after I’m accepted, I’ll just withdraw my application, and no harm will be done.”But actually, that’s not correct.
If you submit this application now and are accepted, you will take one of our slots, which means that other people who want to attend SIPP and can pay the fee may not be accepted. Also, if you apply now without knowing for sure that you have the money to pay the full fee, you are asking SIPP staff to spend time reviewing your application and writing to you and perhaps calling you on the phone. This takes time and costs money.To be fair to other SIPP applicants and SIPP staff, we ask you please NOT to apply now unless you are 100% willing to commit now that you definitely have available all the funds needed to attend SIPP .If you don’t know yet if you will have the money, then please do NOT apply and wait to submit your application after you have confirmed that you definitely have the money available.
Now, please answer this question:Do you commit now 100% for sure that if you are accepted, you will definitely pay all required fees ($2800) by the deadlines for payments and that you will definitely attend SIPP?
( ) I commit now 100% for sure to pay all fees by the deadlines and will attend.
( ) I am not able to make a 100% for sure commitment to pay all SIPP fees.
6) Thank you for your commitment to attending SIPP this summer. If your application is approved, you will receive two emails. The first will announce your acceptance into SIPP, and the second will be your SIPP invoice. At SIPP, we accept payment in three different forms: Credit card, Direct Bank or Wire Transfer, and Check. Your invoice will have instructions for payment depending on your chosen method of payment. Please indicate below your preferred method:
( ) Credit Card (Please note: There will be a 3% processing fee for each transaction)
( ) Wire or Direct Bank Transfer (Please note: There will be a $50.00 processing fee per transfer)
( ) Check (Please note: There are no processing fees for checks.)
7) Please complete the fields below.
First Name: _________________________________________________
Last Name: _________________________________________________
Street Address: _________________________________________________
Phone Number (IF OUTSIDE THE U.S.: Please type your phone number as it must be dialed by a person in the U.S. calling you):
Mobile Phone (IF OUTSIDE THE U.S.: Please type your phone number as it must be dialed by a person in the U.S. calling you:
Emergency Contact Name:
Emergency Contact Phone Number (IF OUTSIDE THE U.S.: Please type your phone number as it must be dialed by a person in the U.S. calling you):
What is your gender?
( ) Male
( ) Female
( ) Other
( ) Prefer not to say
8) Please complete the fields below.
Graduate University Name:
Graduate University City and State:
Graduate Minor (if applicable):
Current GPA (If you are unsure of how to calculate your GPA or do not receive one at your institution, please email your transcript to: firstname.lastname@example.org.):
Expected graduation date:
Dissertation Advisor (if applicable):
9) Please complete the fields below.
Undergraduate University Name:
Undergraduate University City and State:
Undergraduate Minor (if applicable):
Current GPA (If you are unsure of how to calculate your GPA or do not receive one at your institution, please email your transcript to: 2019SIPP@gmail.com.):
Expected graduation date:
10) Please complete the fields below.
Employer City and State:
Highest Degree received:
Year highest degree was received:
Granting Institution of Highest Degree:
11) First, please list the titles, instructors and institutions of all courses you have taken that are relevant to political psychology.
If you have not taken any of these courses, please type “None”
Please provide the name and address and email address and telephone number of a faculty member or professional who can write a letter of recommendation for you. If needed, we will contact the individual to ask for a letter.
12) If you would prefer to include the information above in a file, please do so here. Just type “See uploaded file” in the box above.
13) Please explain why you are interested in political psychology.
14) Why would you like to attend the Summer Institute in Political Psychology?
15) Please describe your research interests.
16) Please describe any research projects you are currently working on.
17) Please upload any supporting documents available, including a reference letter and CV/resume.