Research in the Human Spatial Dynamics Lab at the Stanford Anthropology Department draws attention to processes of spatial dynamics. It focuses on a range of issues that cut across conventional sub-fields, but are united by attention to the constitutive role of space in social affairs. Relevant work includes
- the spatial dynamics of ancient urban transformations,
- studies of human-environment interaction as documented through global information systems,
- understanding the structure of social space,
- analysis of the social construction of landscape and region,
- and modeling of the spatial dynamics of disease transmission.