Moving Files and Folders
You cannot move files and folders within your directory the way you can on your computer—by dragging and dropping them. Instead, you must copy (or cut) and paste them. You can copy (or cut) and paste individual files as well as folders that contain other folders and/or files.
- Navigate to the directory that contains the files and/or folders that you want to move. You can move multiple files and folders at the same time.
- Select the items you want to move by checking the check boxes next to them, then clicking either Copy Selected Item(s) or Cut Selected Item(s).
Note: The check mark next to the item you selected will disappear after you click the link.
- Navigate to the folder where you want to move the item, that is, to the folder where you will paste it.
- With that folder open, click Paste to This Folder.
- The item will appear in the list of items for the folder you have open.