I study computer science as a PhD student here at Stanford. My research interests are broad and include biotechnology, computational biology, and computer security. I authored a computational tool for the design of DNA nanotechnology, CircDesigNA. I am also one of the authors of a software suite for verified computation that handles computations with private state, Pantry.
I attended the University of Texas at Austin from 2009 to 2013. I majored in computer science and in mathematics.
My email is bjmnbraun at gmail dot com.
- Verifying computations with state (PDF, Full version)
Benjamin Braun, Ariel J. Feldman, Zuocheng Ren, Srinath Setty, Andrew J. Blumberg, and Michael Walfish
ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles, SOSP 2013, Farmington, PA, November 2013.
- Resolving the conflict between generality and plausibility in verified computation (PDF, Full version)
Srinath Setty, Benjamin Braun, Victor Vu, Andrew J. Blumberg, Bryan Parno, and Michael Walfish
ACM European Conference on Computer Systems, EuroSys 2013, Prague, Czech Republic, April 2013
- Taking proof-based verified computation a few steps closer to practicality (PDF, Full version)
Srinath Setty, Victor Vu, Nikhil Panpalia, Benjamin Braun, Andrew J. Blumberg, and Michael Walfish
USENIX Security Symposium, USENIX Security 2012, Bellevue, WA, August 2012
- Validation of a phage display and computational algorithm by mapping a conformational epitope of Bla g 2 (PDF)
Ruby Tiwari, Surendra S. Negi, Benjamin Braun, Werner Braun, Anna Pomés, Martin D. Chapman, Randall M. Goldblum, and Terumi Midoro-Horiuti
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 2012;157(4):323-30. March 2012
Undergraduate honors thesis
- Compiling computations to constraints for verified computation (PDF)
Advised by Drs. Michael Walfish, Adam Klivans, and Robert van de Geijn, Austin, TX, November 2012
- Automated sequence design for nucleic acid circuits and nanostructures using structural annotations (Abstract)
Benjamin Braun, Xi Chen, and Andrew D. Ellington
IWBDA 2011, San Diego, CA, June 2011
- Counting events with a DNA processor (Abstract)
Benjamin Braun, Dan Winkler, Victor Kronberg, Jeremy McLain, and Xi Chen
BIOMOD 2011, November 2011
- Walking the line with DNA (Abstract)
Maddie Childs, Andy Tran, Benjamin Braun, Jeremy McLain, and Chunghua Liu
BIOMOD 2012, November 2012
- Trained in sterile technique and in executing protocols in a biological wetlab
- I play piano and percussion