PhD Candidate in Electrical Engineering, Stanford University
Office: Gates 100π (314)
E-mail: cjosephson at stanford dot edu
I am a fourth year PhD student in the EE department. My advisors are Sachin Katti and Keith Winstein in the Platform Lab, and my research interests are wireless sensing and communications systems. I have also worked with Ranveer Chandra (Microsoft Research) and Pengyu Zhang (Alibaba) on low-power wireless backscatter communication and its applications. In Fall 2017 I was a TA for EE107 Networked Embedded Systems.
My CV is available here.
- RF Soil Moisture Sensing via Radar Backscatter Tags, C. Josephson, B. Barnhart, S. Katti, K. Winstein, R. Chandra. Submitted 2019
- BackCam: Wireless computer vision using commodity radios, C. Josephson, L. Yang, P. Zhang, S. Katti. IPSN 2019
- Using RF to sense soil moisture was my summer 2018 work at Microsoft Research
- FreeRider: Backscatter Communication Using Commodity Radios, P. Zhang, C. Josephson, D. Bharadia, S. Katti. CoNEXT 2017
- Presented a poster at the N2Women Workshop at SIGCOMM 2017
- Google Scholar Profile
Awards and Honors
- 2019 D.E. Shaw Exploration Fellowship
- 2019 MIT Research Slam Finalist
- 2019 N2Women Workshop @ Sensys Best Poster Award
- 2018 NDSEG Fellowship Finalist
- 2016/17 Schlumberger Innovation Fellow
- 2015 Stanford Graduate Fellowship (declined due to deferral)
- MEng in EECS at MIT, 2013-2014 My research advisor was Prof. Muriel Medard in RLE, and my thesis was on anonymous communications using network coding.
- SB in EECS at MIT, 2009-2013