Country Snapshots 10.0
Each page of this file corresponds to a country. Each country page
contains graphs of a number of macroeconomic time series: per capita
GDP, GDP per worker, growth rate, investment share of GDP, educational
attainment, exchange rate, etc.
I find it useful for teaching and whenever I read something that
mentions a particular country. Hope you find it useful as well!
See the third page of the file for detailed notes.
History of Revisions
- 01/26/21: Version 10.0 -- Uses Penn World Tables 10.0 (data through 2019)
- 08/01/19: Version 9.1 -- Uses Penn World Tables 9.1 (data through 2017)
- 09/30/16: Version 9.0 -- Uses Penn World Tables 9.0 (data through 2014)
- 01/09/14: Version 8.0 -- Uses Penn World Tables 8.0 (data through 2011)
- 01/15/13: Version 5.0 -- Uses Penn World Tables 7.1 (data through 2010)
- 06/07/11: Version 4.0 -- Uses Penn World Tables 7.0 (data through 2009)
- 01/22/10: Version 3.0 -- Uses Penn World Tables 6.3 (data through 2007)
- 02/02/09: Version 2.0 -- Uses Penn World Tables 6.2 (data through 2004)
- 09/07/05: If you click on the "data" link and the spreadsheet file
does not open, this could be because your web browser is treating the
spreadsheet as a popup and blocking it. You may need to edit your
browser's preferences regarding popups. Alternatively, you can try to
open the spreadsheet files directly over the web. Examples:
You can change the three letter country code in the web links to open
files for other countries. See here for country codes.
- 08/24/05: Added links to spreadsheet files for each country. Click
on "data" on each country page to view the spreadsheet file.
Charles I. Jones
Last modified: January 26, 2021