Oliver B Fringer
Ph.D. Civil and Environmental Engineering, Stanford University, 2003
M.S. Aeronautics and Astronautics, Stanford University, 1996
B.S.E. Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Princeton University, 1995
Honors and awards
- Tau Beta Pi Award for excellence in undergraduate teaching, 2019.
- 2011 Lorenz G. Straub Award for best dissertation by former Ph.D. student Bing Wang.
- Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE), 2009.
- Young Investigator Award, Office of Naval Research, 2008.
- 2009 Lorenz G. Straub Award for best dissertation by former Ph.D. student Subhas Karan Venayagamoorthy.
- Frederick A. Howes Scholar in Computational Science, Department of Energy, 2003.
- South Africa Teaching Fellow, Department of African and African-American Studies, Stanford University, 2002-2003.
a short bio
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
The Jerry Yang and Akiko Yamazaki Environment and Energy Building
473 Via Ortega, Office 187
Stanford, CA 94305
Office: (650) 450-1137
Fax: (650) 725-9720
email: fringer at stanford.edu
Faculty web page